Low Income Home
Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
The LIHEAP Summer Program will be open July 25–September 30, 2022, or until funds are exhausted.
The Summer Program is for assistance with ELECTRIC bills only. Please complete the LIHEAP application and gather supporting documentation below.
Call 479-872-7479, to schedule an appointment.*
Supporting documentation needed to process your energy assistance application include:
- Legal Photo ID
- Social Security cards and birth dates for all household members
- Both Electric Bill and Gas/Propane Bill
- Proof of income received for the previous month for all household members (examples include: paycheck stubs, printout from employer, social security, unemployment, child support, VA, housing allowance, unemployment benefits, etc.)
- If you have lost your job within the previous two months, we will need a statement from your employer that states your last day of employment.
- An Earnings Statement is available for the employer to complete if needed.
*SNAP recipients may be eligible for an expedited process.
If you have zero income, we need proof of how the household’s monthly expenses are being met. Additional supporting documentation needed to process your energy assistance application are:
- Zero Income: Completed by applicant.
- Collateral Statement: Completed by someone who is familiar with your household (Must be a non-relative).
- Contribution Statement Completed by person(s) who have assisted household financially for the previous month.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance program helps low-income households with their energy costs in winter and summer as part of the federal Low Income Home Energy Program.
Monday–Thursday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Phone: (479) 872-7479 Email: email@example.com
2021 ARKANSAS ELIGIBILITY CHART
ADD $560 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL HOUSEHOLD MEMBER
* For each additional household member over the household size of 20, add $98.00 to the maximum monthly income shown for a household size of 20.