Low Income Home
Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
Summer LIHEAP Assistance will be available July 10 – September 29, 2023.
Please call 479-872-7479 to schedule an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you receive SNAP AND have an elderly or disabled member in your household AND are in our database, you may not need an appointment.
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance program helps low-income households with their energy costs in winter and summer as part of the federal Low Income Home Energy Program.
Documentation needed to process your energy assistance application include:
- COMPLETED APPLICATION
- Legal Photo ID
- Social Security cards and birth dates for all household members
- Both Electric Bill and Gas/Propane Bill
- Proof of income received for the previous month for all household members (examples include: paycheck stubs, printout from employer, social security, unemployment, child support, VA, housing allowance, unemployment benefits, etc.)
- If you have lost your job within the previous two months, we will need a statement from your employer that states your last day of employment.
- An EARNING STATEMENT is available for the employer to complete if needed.
If you have zero income, we need proof of how the household’s monthly expenses are being met. Additional supporting documentation needed to process your energy assistance application are:
1. ZERO INCOME FORM: Completed by applicant.
2. COLLATERAL STATEMENT: Completed by someone who is familiar with your household
(Must be a non-relative).
3. CONTRIBUTION STATEMENT: Completed by person(s) who have assisted household financially for the previous month.
4. ODD JOB INCOME FORM
Monday–Thursday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Phone: (479) 872-7479
2023 ARKANSAS ELIGIBILITY CHART
* For each additional household member over the household size of 20, add $98.00 to the maximum monthly income shown for a household size of 20.